Friday 29 August 2014

We are freezing! O_O


We have been hit with a sudden and very unexpected cold spell this week and according to the weather channel, things are just going to get worse over the weekend... 

So, since winter has decided to grace us with one last bit of freezing weather before the summer kicks in again, I have decided that the best place to be on a Friday afternoon is snuggled up on the couch with a good movie or two! ~ And of course a big mug of hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows to go with that... 

I was very tempted to add a photo of my penguins, or perhaps even the polar bears to this post on this very cold day, but I decided that little Roma and Rona Persis were looking very snug and warm with their fluffy fur. The two even decided to play outside in this cold wind, much to mother Salome's protests!

Unfortunately their fur isn't as silky and smooth as I would have liked (And as you would expect a Persian cat to be...), but I must admit that they do grow on you. :)

After all, I have never met a Sylvanian that I did not like....

Keep warm and have a great weekend!!! 





3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sudden cold! Let's hope you'll have a nice summer to make up for the long winter. Speaking of long winter, the book "Long Winter" is a great novel if you need to read something about pioneer days in good old America! Your Persian baby cats are so cute. I don't own any cats yet but the Persians are by far my favorite if I ever get a cat family! It's just all that fluff that makes me want to hug them! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Persian cats look adorable! Is it winter in SA? Our summer is just ending :( Your plan for the winter sounds perfect, especially the hot chocolate part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea about the movies and hot chocolate! There's nothing better on a cold day. Hope it warms up soon for you! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete